Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Water Bombs


Hudson has been asking to play with water all winter long and this week it is in the 90's, so I finally said yes! I looked on Pinterest for some ideas and decided we would make some water bombs. I found a tutorial HERE from House of Hepworths. These are really easy to make and the boys enjoyed helping.

Supplies:
-Basic sponges, in a variety of colors
-Small elastic hair ties
-Scissors


Step 1: cut all the sponges into fouths, lengthwise.
Step 2: Stack the sponges into 2 rows of 4. Hudson liked choosing the colors and creating patterns.
Step 3: Wrap the 2 rows with a small elastic hair tie or you could tie it tight at the center with fishing line.
*You will use 2 sponges to create 1 water bomb.



Water Bomb Game Ideas:

-Create a target with chalk on pavement and toss water bombs.
-Line up different size buckets worth different points and toss bombs into buckets. Keep score.
-Water bomb toss
-Water bomb tag


2 comments:

  1. So fun! I may have to copy this

    Jenny
    Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned these too! I can't wait to make them with my (almost) 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!